Friday, May 27, 2005
Happy Birthday Christopher Lee!
Happy Birthday Count Dracula/Lord Summerisle/Fu Manchu/Dr. Victor Gannon/King Haggard/Saruman/Count Dooku!
Some things that prove that in addition to his film career, Christopher Lee is the COOLEST MAN EVER TO WALK THE EARTH:
1. He actually met JRR Tolkein
2. He's Italian Royalty
3. He was the original Grand Moff Tarkin (Van Helsing may have won that round, but your death scene is way better!)
4. He has his own website
5. He speaks 8 languages(!)
6. He fought in THE GREATEST WAR IN in the British SPECIAL FORCES
7. He rocked Fairy Tale Theatre's world
8. He's in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most screen credits
9. He looks great in a kilt
10. Mid-90's Nickelodeon!
11. He's killed a man(watch the Return of the King Extended Edition special features for details...)
I could go on and on about the number of movies from my childhood where he was the (always creepy, but soothing sounding) villain, but thank you, Christopher Lee, for being so awesome.
Posted by M at 7:32 PM