Sunday, September 25, 2005

Distractions

This knitting thing went a lot faster when I didn't have to follow a pattern. My inability to memorize the damn thing is slowing me down too. That and how easily distracted I am. There are a lot of effective time killers out there, from my newfound craftiness to cleaning up my bedroom in anticipation of the big move to showing my long-term houseguest around the city(today is Roosevelt Island day-Liliana, I'm spreading the gospel!). It's really too bad that the things I'm avoiding are the cover letter for a job in Minneapolis that I might love and doing the work that will fund the move. My other favorite is list making-right now I'm working on "Reasons to Use my Return Flight." I'm still on #1. Any ideas? Anybody? Bueller? That's what I thought.

In case you were wondering, I'm also a wee bit uninspired on the writing front. It might get worse before it gets better; sorry. In the meantime, enjoy this quote from my great-aunt, one of the most talkative people I've ever met:
I don't think he looked much like President Bush-he looked like Ricardo Montalban!
That'd be a much more interesting president to have, don't you agree?

No comments: