Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Geek Love

I know that at least one of you out there has asked about it, so before I leave and become distracted by my real one, Boy Blogging returns. My subject today is hardly a household name, and he may never be one, but he has captained his little space ship on a course straight to nerdy, nerdy love. I like him better than Han Solo(yes, Liliana, I said it)-Nathan Fillion

Aside from his time on Two Guys and a Girl(the launching pad of another current B-movie favorite, ab-tastic Alanis Morrisette boy-toy Ryan Reynolds), Nathan's most memorable roles are all Joss Whedon-related. He played evil, evil priest Caleb during the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and now he's hanging out at a cinema near you in Serenity, a great sci-fi flick. Everyone should go see it so I can enjoy many more movies featuring those tight, tight pants. And because it's a good flick, but this is boy blogging, not a film review.

Tall, buff, and heroic without being boring(Riley Finn, anyone?), Fillion is incredibly charming on TV and the big screen, and deserves more work. I wish him a better, more varied future than Gen-Con appearances, but I'll take a few more years of him playing Malcom Reynolds if I have to.

A side-note on Serenity: All the male actors are way hotter than they were on television. Way buffer too(Simon? Um, wow.). It also still weirds me out that Jewel Staite found work after those couple episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark. I miss SNICK.

No comments: