Wednesday, July 23, 2008

He just wanted the beautiful, blond, cute, shiksa girls to be nice and shut the fuck up!

Apparently having "one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel" makes it okay to speak ill of the dead, and that's fine with me. Sydney Pollack did seem like a sexist pig. It's too bad that more women don't speak with the same candor that Teri Garr does in this interview. Then again, if more women working in Hollywood spoke up about the shabby writing and sexist treatment they receive at the hands of male "auteurs," someone might have to actually go to the trouble of making a movie where women play a role other than doormat or object of desire.

Tina Fey had high praise for Garr back before Baby Mama was released; maybe Fey could write a guest spot for her on 30 Rock this season? She had Carrie Fischer on; maybe she could start a Faerie Tale Theatre alumnae tradition.

1 comment:

SMLP said...

"Roll, roll! Roll in the hay!"

Wow, thanks so much for posting this. Kick-ass interview. Good for her.

Best line: "Well, I wrote about it in my book, which you obviously haven't read."

Man, Faerie Tale Theatre, now that brings me back!

And I think now I have to see Head.