Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Home for the Holidays

There are a few things that carry over from Christmas to Christmas in Wisconsin. One is champagne on Christmas Eve, one is the tape of Christmas songs played by classical guitar, one is the sound of my mother trying to understand her new electronic equipment. My favorite tradition is the debate about music that occurs when my sister and I open our Christmas CDs from our father.

This year's topic: Which Supertramp album is the best? In the "Breakfast in America" corner is my mother, in the "Even in the Quietest Moments" and "Crime of the Century"(which apparently should constitute one awesome double album if they'd really known what was good for them) corner is my father.

I sit in the "I can't believe my dad bought my sister two Supertramp albums for Christmas" corner.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: